From “Just in Time” to “Always There”
Join the Family Forever Society
A Legacy Gift is a lasting investment in Just in Time for Foster Youth to ensure that every youth leaving the foster care system has a community of caring adults waiting for them after they turn 18. Legacy Giving to Just in Time can be done directly through a will or trust, by naming JIT as the beneficiary of a retirement account, or through giving options that provide tax benefits and even income.
If Just in Time for Foster Youth is already included in your estate plans, please let us know. We would be grateful for the opportunity to thank you for your support and recognize your generosity by welcoming you into the Family Forever Society, a special group of caring individuals who have shown their support for future foster youth with a legacy gift.
Legacy Gifts offer many benefits to you and your loved ones:
- Your assets remain in your control throughout your lifetime
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances
- Your investment in JIT may reduce potential estate taxes and may also help your loved ones avoid paying income tax on their inheritance
Recent tax law changes have been favorable to charitable giving, so now is a great time to plan your legacy!
We invite you to leave a legacy for tomorrow by considering one of the planned giving opportunities below:
- Make JIT a beneficiary of your will or trust; unrestricted gifts give us the greatest flexibility to use funds where they are most needed
- Name JIT on a retirement account or life insurance policy, a simple way to provide for our youth’s futures without writing or re-writing your will. This may help your heirs avoid paying income tax on certain inherited assets
- Gift highly appreciated property, such as real estate or stocks, offering a wonderful way to invest in JIT’s future while reducing or eliminating capital gains tax
- Include JIT in charitable annuities and remainder trusts allowing you to provide income for yourself or loved ones while also supporting JIT’s mission
Your gift will also help build a financial foundation for transition age foster youth who haven’t been able to count on consistent support at any time in their young lives.
Click here to download a complimentary Estate Planning Guide.