MY FIRST HOME HOUSEHOLD DONATIONS & MINI DRIVES
Did you know you can help us transform lives through the donation of everyday items such as gently used furniture, new home goods and toiletries, and gift cards? My First Home is one of the many services we provide, and it helps 18-26 year olds who were in the foster care system furnish their living spaces and make them safe, stable places to call home! My First Home is all about creating a foundation for stable housing!
Acceptable Furniture in New or Gently Used Condition:
- Sofas and loveseats (as needed)
- Coffee tables/end tables
- TV stands
- Kitchen tables with chairs
- Desks and chairs
- Home furnishings
- Lamps – floor and desk
- Store gift cards – $25+
- Art, rugs and other modern decorative items
Flat screen TVs
Full/Queen bed frames (as needed)
Accepted Only in New Condition:
- Cookware and kitchen appliances (like new is OK)
- Dishware/glassware sets
- Silverware sets
- Comforters and blankets (all sizes)
- Sheets and pillows (especially full and queen size)
- Entertainment centers
- Mattresses/box springs
- Hutches and china cabinets
- Patio furniture
- Refrigerators, freezers, washers, and dryers
- Items in bad or poor condition (i.e. items that are broken, dingy, stained, or dirty)
My First Home Mini-Drives:
We invite you to host a mini-drive to collect key household items (kitchenware, lamps, toasters, microwaves, vacuums, bedding, cleaning supplies, etc.) to help transition age foster youth set up their first homes! Check our Target Registry to see the items that are needed most!
You may also collect gift cards in all amounts to locations such as Walmart, Target and grocery stores so that JIT can provide Basic Needs/Emergency assistance when young people are facing a critical situation and need an extra boost to get back on their feet.
Target Charity Registry:
To pick items for My First Home and have them shipped directly to Just in Time, please visit our Target Registry here.