Pathways to Financial Power Conference
September 23, 2023
Pathways to Financial Power is an individualized, integrated service that helps transition age foster youth move toward financial security by identifying and achieving goals focused on employment and money management.
The service culminates with an annual Pathways to Financial Power Conference in September. On this power-packed day, many community leaders, employers, and volunteers come together to empower up to 50 youth to own their economic success through networking, work readiness and entrepreneurship.
The Pathways Conference features:
- • Professional speakers
- • A Career Exploration Fair to connect participants with entry-level jobs and internships
- • A Networking hour focused on exposing youth to professionals and leaders in their respective industries.
- • A JIT Shark Tank competition for our young entrepreneurs to showcase their business ideas
- • And the skills, resources, and connections every young person needs to succeed!
During the conference, each participant is paired with a volunteer coach to help establish an individualized plan with concrete next steps and assist in navigating obstacles they may face in achieving their goals.
The impact of Pathways to Financial Power has been significant. After our 2022 conference:
- 100% of youth reported that they understand how their actions in the workplace can affect their job security.
- Over 90% of participants reported that they learned new ways to grow both personally and professionally.
- More than 81% of youth reported that they feel empowered to pursue a variety of employment opportunities.
- Over 81% of participants reported that they have made multiple meaningful relationships that help them to thrive.
- Over 77% of youth reported that their source of income (i.e., employment, unemployment, etc.) empowers them to save consistently.
- More than 77% of participants reported that they believe that they will be financially stable for the rest of their lives.
THANK YOU TO OUR
Pathways 2023 Leading Change Sponsors
Leading Change Legacy Sponsors
The Grant Family
Sue & Jay Lichter
Livingston Family Foundation
The John M. Sachs Family
SDGE Community Assistance Fund
Louarn & Alan Sorkin
Leading Change Presenting Sponsors
Gifts of the Magi Foundation
Lola & Walter Green
Gina Purlia-Johnson & Kent Johnson
Mike Lamb Angel Investors
Lily Lai Foundation
Capital Growth Inc/Art Molloy & Dana Worsham
Gretchen & Bill Morgan
Maria & Sean Pourteymour
Barbara & David Snodgrass
State Farm Enterprise Philanthropy
Tina & David Thomas
Leading Change Gold Sponsors
Noemi & Scott Ashline
Inez Branca Family Foundation
Grace Chui-Miller & Scott Miller
Cindy & Bob Jensen
Susanne & Brad Livingston
Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, LLP
Jean & Rod Stewart
Diane Cox & Don Wells
Leading Change Silver Sponsors
Leigh & Gordon Boerner
Nancy & Tom Cannon O’Connell
Citizens Business Bank
Deanna & Ted DeFrank
Clarice & Neil Hokanson
Brad Lupien & Jessica Pressman
Nancy Heitel Malk & Brian Malk
Sheryl & Bob Scarano
Christopher Weil & Company
Leading Change Bronze Sponsors
Armantrout Cybersecurity Consulting
Debe Berger & Steven McGowen
Beth & Rich Brenner
Clare McGowen & Michael Jackson
San Diego Foundation
Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation