Pathways to Financial Power Conference
September 10, 2022
Pathways to Financial Power is an individualized, integrated service that helps transition age foster youth move toward financial security by identifying and achieving goals focused on employment and money management.
The service culminates with an annual Pathways to Financial Power conference in September. On this power-packed day, many community leaders, employers, and volunteers come together to empower up to 50 youth to own their economic success through networking, work readiness and entrepreneurship.
The Pathways Conference features:
- • Professional speakers
- • A Career Exploration Fair to connect participants with entry-level jobs and internships
- • A Networking hour focused on exposing youth to professionals and leaders in their respective industries.
- • A JIT Shark Tank competition for our young entrepreneurs to showcase their business ideas
- • And the skills, resources, and connections every young person needs to succeed!
During the conference, each participant is paired with a volunteer coach to help establish an individualized plan with concrete next steps and assist in navigating obstacles they may face in achieving their goals.
The impact of Pathways to Financial Power has been significant. After our 2019 conference:
- 97% of youth reported they are now part of a supportive community that will help them reach their goals
- 97% of participants reported they now feel confident they can overcome obstacles as they arise
- More than 90% of youth reported they now feel confident preparing for a job interview
- Over 90% of participants reported they feel confident they can make their professional goals a reality
- Over 77% of youth reported having increased their assets over the past year
- More than 71% of participants with credit card debt reported they had reduced their debt since their involvement with Pathways
THANK YOU TO OUR
Pathways 2021 Major Sponsors
Alta Company, LLC & The Grant Family
Pat & Paula Donahue
Gifts of the Magi Fund at Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
Lola & Walter Green
Jenny & Tony Hsu
Lily Lai Foundation
The John M. Sachs Family
The Swette Family
Vicki & Jeff Winkelman
Del Mar Highlands Town Center
Jody & Lee Gorran
Sue & Jay Lichter
Louarn & Alan Sorkin
Tina & David Thomas
Tuffli Family Foundation
Roni Hicks Clemens
Claudia & Arthur Schwartz
Susan & Hon. Ron Styn